If you’re like most of my readers, you’re either a member of the Three Disciplines (Police/Fire/EMS), a loved one of one of us, or an ardent supporter. You’re here because you’re committed to personal development–be it physical, mental, or financial.
But something may always seem to get in the way. A roadblock of some kind that just seems insurmountable because you aren’t sure where to start. You aren’t sure who is selling snake oil and who legitimately wants to walk with you and help guide you to the goals you’ve set for yourself.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Do you feel like you’re buried in so much debt that even thinking about how/where to begin seems like a non-starter?
- Do you worry about making ends meet even though you work a ton of overtime?
- Do you think about accomplishing goals aside from being related to money, but you’re so busy you don’t have time for them?
If so, you’re not alone…not by a long shot. All of us have felt that way.
I Know How You Feel
I know what it feels like to live paycheck to paycheck while working 40 hours of overtime a month for months on end. I know the pressure of trying to provide for a family and barely feel like you have any time for yourself. I have felt the yearning for more, but have lacked the direction to achieve it.
For years, I spun my financial wheels, continued to be buried in debt, and was missing out on time with my young family. I didn’t feel like I had much direction.
And then it all changed.
For me, the journey started in 2009 when the Wife made a statement and then asked me a question (more on that later). Her simple statement and question started us on a journey that led us out of $77,232.88 in debt, virtually eliminated the need for overtime, and gave me a lot more margin in my life.
Since then, I’ve added a number of different hats beyond Husband, Dad, and Cop. Included in that list are:
- Freelance Writer
- Charity Founder (Kilted to Kick Cancer)
- Course Creator
- Academy Instructor
- Financial Coach
- Keynote Speaker
Over that period of time, I’ve been asked countless times, “How do you find time for all of these things?”
It was on a walk in early 2016 that the Wife and I were mulling over that question and how I could better serve my audience. She came up with a very simple answer:
That is how The MotorCop Mindset was born.
I’ve spent the last several years studying successful people. I’ve learned from their guidance (both virtually and in-person) and taken their lessons to heart.
You’ll find a number of them on my Resources Page. One of the things you’ll notice about them is this: None of them are police officers. I have a strong opinion about having more influences in your life outside of law enforcement. If you solely identify yourself as a police officer, I firmly believe you are limiting your scope and there is a tendency to put up some fairly major walls when it comes to interacting with the rest of the world.
Furthermore, I believe in surrounding yourself with good examples, mentors, and leaders. The resources I’ve listed fit that bill. I’ve benefitted from their experience, knowledge, and wisdom for years now and I can’t encourage you enough to do the same.
My Goal for The MotorCop Mindset
My goal is to provide you with valuable content that will improve your life — both professionally and personally. I’ve spent the last few months creating my first online course, Budgeting 101 (coming August 1st, 2016) and writing my book, Badges and Budgets.
Both of those products are finance-based, but money is not the only focus of this site.
The Mindset will also focus on overall health and wellness (physical, mental, and financial)…with the usual MC flair for frivolity.
My Products and Services
The content on my blog is all free; however, I do offer a number of commercial products and services. You can check those out here:
- If You Got Stopped, You Deserved It: SoulCrusher Tales – My first book! A collection of stories from MotorCopBlog along with some never-before-published stories.
- Badges and Budgets – This is my latest book! Inside, you’ll learn: The “WHY” behind building a budget and getting out of debt; How to ORGANIZE your monthly bills; How to BUILD your first budget; The PROCESS of maintaining a budget. Here’s to the beginning of your rewarding journey!
- Speaking – You can book me for your event. I can speak on any number of topics including finance related, mindset related, and law enforcement related. (This page is under construction, but there are instructions on how to reach me for this purpose.)
- Coaching – If the Budgeting 101 isn’t enough and you prefer some one-on-one coaching, check this page out. I’ve been a financial coach since completing Dave Ramsey’s Financial Coaching Master Series in 2013. (This page is under construction, but there are instructions on how to reach me for this purpose.)
- Budgeting 101 – This course assists the student in building a basic budget. The foundational tenet of WHY is discussed in the first module. Following modules cover the mechanics of creating a basic budget: from getting organized to a complete, unique, and operational budget. The result of creating a budget is reduced stress and increased peace.
Subscribe to the blog
To make sure you don’t miss my latest posts and news, I’ve made it easy to subscribe to the Mindset blog. It’s fast, simple, and you can unsubscribe whenever you like. The coolest part is I’m offering a free gift for you when you subscribe. (Click here to find out more.)
You have the opportunity to succeed in multiple aspects of your life. It simply takes intention and a guide. If you commit to the first, I’ll commit to the second.
Let’s get started.